Chief Finance and Risk Officer
Early Dawn Microfinance (DAWN) is a leading microfinance institution in Myanmar serving low-income segments and small businesses of Myanmar with high quality financial services. It currently serves over 180,000 clients and is recognized as an innovative industry leader, backed by committed, mission aligned investors. A profitable and rapidly expanding institution, DAWN is seeking a seasoned Chief Finance and Risk Officer to lead the institution’s finance and risk functions. Based in Yangon, the position will report to the CEO, serve on the senior management team, and include the following key responsibilities:
- As member of senior management, provide leadership role in defining and executing on long term strategy of institution
Department Head for Finance and Administration
- Department leadership: implement the best structure, team and policies and procedures required in the Finance Department and ensure that they are followed; coach and mentor staff
- Accounts: oversee the organization’s accounting function, including the implementation of accrual basis accounting and ensuring compliance with all local and IFRS accounting regulations
- Reporting: ensure timely production of ﬁnancial and other reports for management, directors, auditors, regulators, tax agencies; monitor financial performance.
- Budgets: develop and manage preparation of budgets (including capital budgets), business plans and financial plans to achieve organizational goals.
- Funding: play leadership role in seeking and securing necessary funding to fuel institution’s growth; manage funding requirements and liquidity.
- Cash management: ensure cost effective and efficient management of cash and funds.
- Procurement: establish and keep updated procurement policies and procedures; ensure that they implemented.
- Account systems: ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems; implement automation and simplification of budgeting, accounting, cash flow management and reporting procedures in head office; implement automation and simplification of processes in branches, in order to reduce paperwork, redundancies, duplication of data.
- Audit: liaise with internal and external auditors and ensure that their recommendations are implemented
- Relationship management: Coordinate relationships with investors, external funders, regulatory and governmental authorities, external auditors, and financial consultants
- Administration: oversee purchasing, lease agreement negotiation, facilities
Serve as Department Head for Risk
- Department set up: play leadership role in setting up risk department, including defining scope of risk management unit, defining roles and responsibilities
- Talent: help identify and fill gap for risk talent in organization
- Enterprise risk management framework: Consolidate a comprehensive risk management framework including enterprise level risk strategy or risk appetite consistent with the company’s strategy and business objectives
- Risk management models: ensure that sound risk management models and measurement methodologies of risk reporting and controls are in place for the quantification and evaluation of risks
- Carrying out any other duties as required in assigned areas.
Skills and abilities
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Strategic thinking, result oriented.
- Strong communication, monitoring, planning and analytical skills.
- Team player and able to work and lead a multidisciplinary / multicultural team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Fluent in English.
Qualifications & Experience
- Education: Graduate in finance or accounting. Additional Accounting Credentials such as Certified Public Accountant and/or other higher accounting degree (ACCA) highly desirable.
- Minimum ten years of experience in finance field, with at least five in managerial positions in financial institutions. Experience in banking or MFIs in Myanmar / South East Asia highly desirable.
- Familiar with US GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS)
- Computer proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets (Excel).
- Experience in business plans and long-term projections. Experience with Microfin (Operational Planning Model for MFIs) highly desirable.
Please submit Cover Letter and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Assistant x 1 Position
The Executive Assistant will require to manage and organize schedules for executives and coordinate with multiple departments to ensure projects and issues are resolved in a timely manner. S/he acts as a point of communication between the board of directors and company shareholders, and also provides an important link between the board of directors and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Organize and prepare agendas, presentations and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs); taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms; following up on actions from meetings.
- Make sure policies are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval; maintaining statutory books, signed minutes and resolutions.
- Provide advanced word processing services and prepare materials and presentations/reports in the appropriate format (i.e. PowerPoint);
- Maintain familiarity with all business matters and maintain subject matter knowledge and awareness on issues, projects and activities requiring the executive’s involvement.
- Act as resource to coordinate materials for executive meetings and for other corporate activities. Exemplify service excellence in preparing materials, binders, briefs, executive summaries, agendas and identify and resolve conflicts in schedule/commitments.
- Plan and coordinate special events for executives e.g., conference attendance and coordinate travel, accommodations, event registration and other arrangements for the executives attending conferences and off-site events.
- Become familiar with business operations in order to communicate with various internal departments and to liaise with external parties in administrative matters on behalf of the executive.
- Proactive in the coordination of speeches, presentations, materials, equipment and premiums as required for special events.
Board Support and Liaison:
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the board of directors.
- Assists Board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters.
- Coordinates, compiles, and distributes in advance Board meeting materials in electronic format using the Board portal.
- Support to develop and encourage new and innovative solutions.
- Carry out any other duties as required in assigned areas.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 year experience as an Executive Assistant supporting to CEO and a Board of Directors.
- Language: native English speaker.
- Goal-oriented, but also people-oriented person.
- Attitude of service.
- Communication skills.
- Writing skills.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work un-supervised, and provide useful input through independent thinking
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve with strong decision-making capabilities exercising discretion and confidentiality appropriately.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals in tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
- Highly motivated, forward looking, adaptable and enthusiastic.
- Tact, discretion and confidentiality are key to success in this role.
Please submit Cover Letter and updated CV to: email@example.com