Early Dawn Microfinance Company Limited (“DAWN”) is a regulated microfinance institution that currently serves over 270,000 clients in 69 branches in Myanmar. It is a fast growing Institution with over 900 employees, with plans to expand to new regions, to serve additional segments of clients, with new and better products and services, to introduce innovations based on technology, and with an obvious need for additional departments and positions (www.dawn.com.mm). DAWN is registered under the Ministry of Planning and Finance, and was granted a license by the Financial Regulatory Department to provide financial services to low-income clients as well as to small and medium businesses.
(FOR Myanmar National ONLY)
|Job Title||: Internal Auditor|
|Location||: Meiktila (Zone-2)|
|Number of Position||: 1 (One)|
|Type of Contract||: Open|
|Reports to||: Senior Auditor|
The purpose of this position is to carrying out internal audit functions within DAWN Microfinance Program both operational and financial activities. Candidate will be required to work independently and to also visit branches of DAWN regular in accordance with the internal audit plan in place.
· Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
· Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
· Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
· Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
· Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
· Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
· Maintain open communication with management and branch staff.
· Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
· Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
· Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
· Report to the Senior Auditor and submit Internal Audit Report to relative department.
· Completion of university, preferably in finance and accounting or related field
· At least one year working experience (two preferred) in microfinance and or banking required.
· Minimum two years working experience in finance and accounting, preferably in internal control or auditing
· Good communication and monitoring skills
· Computer proficiency in word processing and spread sheets
· Ability to work in English preferred
· Ability to travel to Dawn Branches
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com or Human Resources Department, No.587, 3rd Floor, The Regency Offices, Pyay Road, 2nd Ward, Kamayut Township, Yangon or
Zonal Office, No (259), No (5) District, Meiktila-KyaukPadaung Road, NangTawKone Ward, Meiktila Township, Mandalay Region not later than 5P.M. 12th, Dec 2022 (Monday).
Note: Candidates are also requested to mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing DAWN employees and please identify two reference persons. No requirement of photo or copy of certificates and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org